I accidentally stumbled on the texture for this jumper years ago, when I misinterpreted a translated pattern and used the wrong yarn, creating a jumper that I loved but that quickly stretched to a point beyond wearable.
I’ve come back to the idea so many times over the years, and finally found a way to create that gorgeous loose texture without the stretch.
This is a really simple pattern, but it’s effective. The front, back and sleeves of the jumper are knit separately using two different sizes of needles, and are then seamed together. You also pick up stitches around the neckline to create a neat collar to match the ribbing of the cuffs and hem.
I absolutely adore this slouchy, casual jumper. It’s easy and effortless, and I hope you love it, too.
On purchase you will be able to download a PDF of the pattern. Please make sure you save this somewhere you can find it, and don’t forget to check your spam folder if your email doesn’t come through soon after purchase.
To knit this pattern you’ll need:
- DK yarn (yardage/meterage below) – I used Stylecraft Special in Black*
- 1 x pair 4mm straight knitting needles
- 1 x 8mm straight knitting needle
- 1 x 4mm 40cm circular needle (optional)
- 2 stitch holders or scrap yarn
- Stitch markers (optional)
- Tapestry needle
*Disclosure: This is an affiliate link meaning, at no extra cost to you, I will make a commission if you click through and make a purchase
A Bust 28-30 inches | Waist 23-24 inches*
B Bust 32-34 inches | Waist 25-27 inches
C Bust 36-38 inches | Waist 28-30 inches
D Bust 40-42 inches | Waist 32-34 inches
E Bust 44-46 inches | Waist 36-38 inches
F Bust 48-50 inches | Waist 40-42 inches*
G Bust 52-54 inches | Waist 44-45 inches
H Bust 56-58 inches | Waist 45-47 inches*
I Bust 60-62 inches | Waist 49-51 inches
* I was unable to find testers for these sizes at the time of release. If you would like to knit one of these sizes and would be willing to give me feedback, please email email@example.com and I can send you the pattern free of charge.
This jumper is knit flat in pieces and seamed together, with the option to knit the neckband either flat or in the round.
We make the designs, and we want you to make them your own.
Share your projects on Instagram @knitspleaseuk #knitsplease