Pattern Testers Required!
Something terribly exciting is happening… I’m working to release my first garment pattern! It was one of my goals for this year, so I’m really happy that I’m working on it and hope to achieve it soon. It’s my first attempt at writing up a pattern for different sizes, so I’m feeling a little nervous but I hope I’m on the right track!
Which brings us to the point at hand – I’m looking for testers! Here’s what you need to know:
- The pattern is knit in DK weight yarn (I used Stylecraft Special DK) using 3.25mm and 4mm knitting needles
- The pattern should use less than 2 x 100g balls of yarn
- The vest is knit flat, and seamed
- There are three sizes of the pattern to test – A: Bust 32-34 inches, B: Bust 36-38 inches & C: Bust 40-42 inches
This is what I ask pattern testers to commit to:
- To finish the garment, and have emailed me notes by Friday 4th May 2018
- To send me notes about how the garment fits and how you feel in it, and if there’s anything you would change
- To point out any mathematical errors, with stitch counts or measurements (this is my first time sizing up a pattern, so I need to know whether my workings out are right!)
- To point out any grammatical or spelling errors
- To detail anything that didn’t make sense, or that I could have explained better
- To share what yarn you used (testers are required to supply their own yarn for the project)
- To share how much, if any, yarn you had left over from the 200g (please weigh this and send me the grams)
- To share how long it took you to complete
- To send the finished measurements of the garment, including waist, bust and shoulder to hem
- To send a picture, or pictures, of the finished garment on you, so I can see how it fits
If you’re interested in being a tester for this pattern, please complete the form at the bottom of this post by Friday 6th April. Applications received after Friday 6th April midnight BST will not be considered.
I’ll be reviewing all of the applications over the weekend, and will confirm testers on Monday 9th April.
Successful applicants will receive the roll neck vest pattern for free, and will be sent a finalised version after the test period.
If you’ve got any questions, drop me an email at email@example.com and I’ll get back to you! Thanks!